Duluth Community School
2018-19 Drivers Education Classes
Class Schedule & Information
When will the sessions be held this year?
October 22 - November 2, 2018
January 21 - February 1, 2019
April 29- May 10, 2019
June 24 - 28, 2019
(8:00 AM-2:00 PM)
Why take Drivers Ed?
This is a state-certified and meets the requirements for Joshua’s Law.
Many insurance companies offer a 10% discount for students that complete this course. Please check with your car insurance provider.
- Class meets every day (Monday-Friday) to complete the (30 hours) classroom portion of the course.
- The on-the-road portion (6 hours behind the wheel + 6 hours in-the-vehicle observation) will be scheduled after the classroom hours, based upon the student and instructor schedules.
- Students need to have their learner’s permit prior to entering the Drivers Ed vehicle.
- You may pick-up a Drivers Ed contract in the main office, or you may download from the link below
- Cost of $345 covers 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction
- You may pay through MyPaymentsPlus (MPP) or with a check, money order, or cash.
- A 3-installment payment plan is available. Payments are made directly in the DHS Community School Office and must be finalized before the course begins.